Copyright © Woodland Quilts Brag Blog
Design by Dzignine
Friday, March 27, 2009

Finishing Lynn's Tote

I put the a pocket into the bag, a key tag and attached all those along the top of the bag before I put on the binding. Now I can tell everyone, "Please be careful of placement!" because I put the pocket RIGHT WHERE I was to later place the handles. Oh well, it is still a great bag and I am sure Ruth will love my mistakes anyway!!! The handles are made with two pieces of fabric, one 1 1/4" wide x 19: and one (the striped one) 2 1/2" wide x 20". Sew these right sides together and they will not lay flat.
Turn them right side out and they will lay flat.

Topstitch the handles, folding the extra 1/2" over to enclose the top and bottom of each one.


Attach the handles and away you go. For all the proper instructions for this bag please see Terry Atkinson's book "Let's Do Lunch" It is called 'Lynn's Tote" and is the first project in the book!! More pictures tomorrow from the class to see how everyone else's bag looks!!
Front of finished Lynn's Tote.
Back of Tote!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the feedback, we love to hear from our readers!